Nordic Walking Holidays – Nordic Walking Weekends What is Nordic Walking ?
Nordic Walking is an enhancement of ordinary walking - it makes something we can all do.... twice as effective!
Nordic Walking uses poles to in order to add two major benefits to walking
• The use of poles means the upper body muscles are used as well as the legs
• The poles help to propel the walker along - this means he/she works harder than usual yet the support given by the poles makes it feel easier!
Nordic Walking is a specific fitness technique and is not to be confused with trekking, hill walking or trail running as the poles are not planted in front of the walker/runner but in a specific way that increases the use of the upper body. It can be done by anybody, anywhere and does not require expensive equipment or clothing.
Nordic Walking is the fastest growing fitness activity in the world and is used by individuals, personal trainers, health clubs, physiotherapists, doctors and health promoters because it is highly effective, affordable and FUN!
"I have just returned from the French retreat, it was a brilliant weekend from start to finish. I felt relaxed and energised. Classes were excellent and the Nordic Walk was very good, nice to walk in the sunshine and return in a glorious sunset. Food delicoius. Farmhouse fab. Nisha is so committed and very proffesional. It was very good value for the amount of classes and meals we had. Can\'t wait to go again next year !"Nordic Walking Client Sandra Farnswworth
Nordic Walking technique MUST be learnt correctly if the participant is to get the most out of the activity - the full Health technique that ensures the whole body works efficiently is only taught by NWUK qualified Instructors.
Book your nordic walking session now.
• Tones the upper and lower body at the same time
• Uses 90% of the skeletal muscles
• Burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking
• Reduces the pressure on knees and joints
• Great for the Heart and Lungs
• Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems
• Poles propel the walker along, making it easier to move faster then normal without feeling the effort.
• It is one of the most effective cross training techniques for athletes and sportspeople who require ultimate cardiovascular and endurance conditioning.
• Can be done anywhere - no need for hills, country paths or even snow!
• It appeals to all ages and fitness levels.
• No need to wear special exercise clothing
• It's very sociable;participants can chat as they go!
• It is easy to learn and to keep up.
• It combines exercise with the nature which has been proven to boost mood.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 246 1251 for more information.